The “Stratos” was developed in collaboration with professional turners and engineers. Our goal was to design a professional lathe in the mid-price point range that combines new and unique features along with all the best existing functions. The result is the Stratos that is perfectly designed for all levels of turning experience: the beginner, the semi-professional,
the professionals and the artist.
The main focus in the development of the Stratos was to create a better lathe for all turners concentrating on the following features: • Extremely smooth operation while turning large bowls and deep vases, and spindle work of all diameters. • Precisely aligned centers for doing smaller miniature spindles and chuck work along with the many pen projects.
This also adds greatly to the accuracy when drilling work on these projects is done. • Two highly accurate speed ranges: 80-1350 rpm allows you to turn larger off-center bowl blanks at the slower speeds and 180 – 3700 rpm to work on smaller production pieces from blank to finishing and polishing at high speeds without adjusting any belts or pulleys. Heavy-duty cast iron construction virtually eliminates any possible vibration. • 2 HP motor with an electronic inverter will allow you to power you need for all your projects. • EASY to use: The headstock will rotate 180° to position it however needed and it also slides the length of the bed. The tool rest can then be positioned in several places to accommodate the movable headstock for larger bowl projects. The control box is magnetic so it can be mounted anywhere on the lathe for easy access in any turning situation and safer operation. • Center height 9”, allows an 18” diameter clearance over the bed for turning large bowls and vessels. By rotating the headstock you can achieve a much larger bowl capacity of up to 32”.
• Cast iron bed extension • Tool rest with shank extension when the headstock is rotated (Consisting of cast iron extension 16 Inch for hand support including leg support). • Bed Extension can be mounted in 3 positions: 2 at different heights on the leg for when the headstock is rotated and one on the end of the bed to increase the spindle capacity.
Weight, Dimensions, and materials
• Total weight: 392 lbs • Dimensions: L x H x D: 53″ x 48″ x 16″ • Cast iron headstock, tailstock, lathe bed, tool rest, banjo and legs.
Head Stock • Slides the length of the bed and rotates up to 180 degrees • 1-1/4” x 8TPI spindle thread on the head stock and MT2 on the head and tail stock • Digital speed display 80-1350 rpm and 180-3700 rpm • Dual pulleys for optimum torque • Center height: 10 inch, for performing work with a turning diameter of up to 20 inch • Turning diameter up to 31 inch with the rotating head stock and external tool rest • Extension bed and tool rest mounts on end of the main bed and on the leg to accommodate larger turning blanks when rotating the head stock • Distance between center: 27 inch • 24-step indexing capacity visible through a clear window • Large precision hand wheel • 9 positions spindle locking
Motor/ Control Box
• Powerful 230 volts, 2 HP • Power control Inverter • Smooth ramp down and up start and stop • Magnetic mounted control box to conveniently place exactly where needed • Pull Start button and emergency stop push-button • Potentiometer for continuous speed adjustment • Forward and reverse operation
• MT 2 • 4 inch quill stroke • Measuring scale on the quill • Eccentric quick-release for fast and easy shifting • Solid design ensures secure locking • Precision steel handwheel • Easy to remove the tailstock from the lathe bed
• Robust cast iron construction • Precision ground • Milled for bed extension.
Tool rest and banjo
• Robust cast iron design • Eccentric quick-release for fast and easy shifting • Specially molded tool rest • Can be slid up to the spindle axis (important for turning miniatures and writing instruments with a small diameter) • Tool rest allows all positions and maximum positions to the smallest workpiece
• Heavy-duty cast iron construction, vibration-resistant • Reinforced anchor brackets for the external rotation device • Prepared for two outboard positions. • Modern and heavy duty design
• 4-pronged drive center 1″ • Ball bearing live center • Cast iron Tool rest • Cast Iron Faceplate • Jaw spanner for removing the faceplate from the spindle • Detailed operating manual
• Extension Bed • Lathe bed extension and Outrigger in one part can be easily changed with three mounting positions